A surprisingly deliciously moist fruit cake, which could double as a Christmas pudding with custard.
A friend of mine, Dot, shared this recipe, which she got from Facebook. She thought she should try this, even though it sounded yucky — the chocolate milk didn’t it for her either. She was pleasantly surprised, as was I, that it was actually quite yummy and scrumptious. Just to confirm it was edible for others, she got out the ultimate taste testers — kids are the best of course, before sharing it with me.
‘They absolutely loved it, polished it off and were looking for more,’ she said.
I was skeptical, not that I don’t believe my friend. But my taste buds were thinking twice about the mixed fruit being soaked in chocolate milk overnight. However, it is surprisingly delicious and I’m not usually a fruit cake fan. So, I’m sharing it because it’s a goer.
3 Ingredients Fruit Cake
- 750mL chocolate milk
- 1 kg mixed fruit
- 2 cups SR flour
- Soak mixed fruit in chocolate milk overnight in a bowl.
- Preheat over 160 degrees.
- Add SR Flour to mixed fruit and mix well.
- Scoop into lined baking tin.
- Cook between 1 to 1 1/2hrs. Test with skewer or knife. If dry, it’s ready.
- Take out and put on cooling rack.
- Serve with custard or eat as is.